Membership Details for 2018
East Devon Branch of the Devon Beekeepers’ Association (DBKA)
UK Registered Charity Number 270675
Membership is open to anyone keeping bees or having an interest in the craft of beekeeping. Members of all categories shall be members of a Branch, and members may participate in the activities of any Branch of DBKA.
The membership year starts on 1 January and ends on 31 December.
The annual subscription for all existing members renewing their subscription is payable in advance of 31 December. Members are not entitled to the benefits of the DBKA during 2018 until their subscription has been paid. Bee Diseases Insurance (BDI) cover is subject to BDI Regulations. (See page 3 of above files ). A separate membership form is required for each individual.
Registered Member – for those individuals who keep bees in their own right and wish to take a full part in all the aspects of the DBKA.
Partner Member – for those individuals who reside at the same address as a Registered Member.
Junior Member – for individuals under the age of 18 years. Junior membership shall cease when the individual attains the age of 18 and shall be automatically and immediately amended to Registered Membership for the remainder of that membership year, without further payment.
DBKA Honorary Member – for those individuals who are elected at a DBKA AGM, either for a limited period or for life, in recognition of past services to beekeeping and the DBKA. The subscription is payable by the DBKA.
Branch Honorary Member – for those individuals who are elected at a Branch AGM, either for a limited period or for life, in recognition of past services to beekeeping and the Branch. The subscription is payable by the Branch.
Associate Member – for those individuals who do not keep bees in their own right in the County of Devon, but who wish to participate in DBKA activities, belong to a Branch, and receive Beekeeping Magazine, or are already a BBKA member with another Area Association.
Social Member – for those individuals who do not keep bees in their own right in the County of Devon, who are generally interested in the craft of beekeeping, and wish to participate in DBKA activities primarily at Branch level.
(For further information on categories please consult your Branch Membership Secretary or read the current DBKA Governing Document.)
Registered, Partner and Junior members have BBKA membership, and names and addresses will go on the list of registered members held by BBKA.
These are shown on page 2 of the above files.
- Your name and contact details may appear in the DBKA On-line Yearbook.
- Your name and contact details will be used by DBKA to facilitate the administration of membership services.
- Your name and contact details, as a Registered, Partner or Junior Member, will be passed to BBKA to facilitate the administration of membership services.
- Your name and contact details, as a Registered Member, or as a Partner or Junior Member where the subscription paid includes entitlement to BDI, will be passed to BDI to facilitate the administration of membership services.
- Your name and contact details, as a Registered, Partner or Junior Member, may be passed to the National Bee Unit (NBU). You are encouraged to register on Bee Base, the NBU website. Registration will ensure that beekeepers receive automatic notification of notifiable bee diseases in their area as well as free advice and guidance from the NBU.
You have the right to request:
- Your contact details are not published in the DBKA On-line Yearbook.
- Your contact details are not passed to the NBU.
Such requests should be made directly to your Branch Membership Secretary.
Bee Diseases Insurance (through BDI Ltd)
This covers losses due to notifiable bee diseases. Insurance for three colonies is included in Registered Members’ subscription only. Registered Members with more than 3 hives are required to increase the insurance component of their subscription as per the table on page 3 of the above files. Please read Note 2 on page 3 concerning the insurance of hives for Partner and Junior members.
All you have to do:
Download the 2018 Subscription Form (see links above).
Complete the form and send the form, with payment, to the East Devon Membership Secretary: Val Bone, Charandale, Payhembury, Honiton. EX14 3HZ or use email address above.
Cheques should be made payable to: East Devon Branch – DBKA
IMPORTANT: If paying by bank transfer, email your form to the East Devon Branch Treasurer stating that you have paid electronically (email@example.com).